Articles by Betsy
- Talking the Lady into Love: Tips from Nonfiction, an article for the July 2013 issue of the Romance Writers Report, a publication by the Romance Writers of America
- Three Homely Heartbreakers from History, a guest blog post for Books a la Mode, March 22, 2013
- Raising the Game: Getting Women to Love and Stay in Love with You, a guest blog post for Neil Strauss, bestselling author of The Game, March 14, 2013
- Think Casanova and What Comes to Mind?, guest blog post on Enchanted by Josephine, March 5, 2013
- When Good Girls Go For Bad Guys, USA Today, February 7, 2013
- Sirens in Spectacles, guest blog post on MacLean Space, February 4, 2013
- 7 Ladies’ Men From Literature, Huffington Post, January 26, 2013
- Humbert Humbert Through the Looking Glass, Twentieth Century Literature 21, December 1975
- The Literary Epidermists, The American Journal of Dermatopathology, Winter, 1981
- Leprosy: Reality and Metaphor in Literature, The American Journal of Dermatopathology, August, 1981
- The Nights of Gerard Manley Hopkins: A Mystical Starscape, Victorian Poetry, Spring, 1983
- William Dean Howells and the Seductress: From Femme Fatale to Femme Vitale, Harvard Library Bulletin, Spring, 1992 Part 1 Part 2,Part 3
- The Minister and the Seductress: The Adamic Myth Redux, Journal of American Culture, winter, 1993
- That Abused Child of Mine: Huck Finn as a Child of an Alcoholic, Essays in Arts and Sciences, October 1993
- Calling All Casanovas
- Martha Gellhorn – The Blonde Peril
Articles About Betsy
News, Features & Interviews for Swoon:
- Swoon is a New & Notable in the the University of Virginia magazine
- Duke Magazine features Swoon as one of theit Page Turners in the Spring 2013 issue
- On Ladies’ Men and the Ladies Who Love Them: An Interview with Betsy Prioleau, PopMatters.com
- New York Times bestselling author Carol Leavitt interviews Betsy on her blog CarolineLeavittville
- Men Are Not the Enemy, Psychology Today
- Betsy Prioleau Demystifies the Ladies’ Man in Her New Book Swoon, an interview with Cupid’s Pulse
- Why Do Some Men Make Women Swoon?, The Record-Review
- Ten Minutes With Betsy Prioleau, an interview with TownVibe Bedford
- That Come Hither Stare, an interview with Kirkus Reviews
- Taki’s Tips on Seduction, Taki’s Magazine
- Secrets of a Don Juan, New York Post
- Secrets of Seduction: Why don’t need to be George Clooney to make women ‘Swoon’-ey, New York Daily News
- Notable: Books of Love for Valentine’s Day, Tampa Bay Times
- Swoon: How to Be a Modern-Day Casanova, Bookish.com
- Won’t You Be Your Own Valentine?, Chicago Tribune
- 3 Books to Swoon Over, Bethanne Patrick, AARP Blog
- High Life, The Spectator
- 10 Great Books About Love, Design Sponge blog
- Swoon a.k.a. What Women Do Not Want, Ladies Are Us blog
- OMG 2013 Rocks. Nonfiction Edition., Here’s Waldo blog
- The History of Irresistible Men…, Seven Daughters Wine blog
- Sunday Shout out 28, In the Hammock Book Reviews blog
Read praise for Swoon from Kirkus Reviews, BookPage, other authors and more.
Selected Reviews for Seductress:
- Seductress: Ageless Advice for Bold Women, Deirdre Donahue, USA Today, November 3 2003
- Books of the Times; Stop Purring, Ladies, and Pounce, Janet Maslin, The New York Times, December 5 2003
- Grays’ Anatomy, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Dan Neil, February 11 2007
Interviews with Betsy for Seductress:
- The Seductress, Salon.com, David Bowman, October 31, 2003
- Studying the Seductive Woman, San Francisco Chronicle, Jane Ganahl, November 23, 2003
- The Oldest Art, BookPage, Julie Hale, December 2003
- The Open Mind: Seductress. Betsy Prioleau discusses the Post-Feminist Future, Richard Heffner, PBS Television, January 29 2004
- To the Contrary: The Seductress Bonnie Erbe, PBS Television, January 2 2004
- Mike Collins Show WFAE – NPR Charlotte NC, November 2004
Watch / Listen
Listen to me on seductresses on Gluck Radio.
Here’s a revolutionary new video about the notorious Wallis Simpson, “Wallis Loved and Lost,” which was a big hit on Arte TV (the European equivalent of PBS) and is coming to American soon. I’m a talking head.
Seduction maven Kitty Cavalier and I talk about Seductresses and how to be one.
A short clip about Swoon from a talk at the Pound Ridge Public Library
Talking about the special traits of ladies’ men & more on Gluck Radio‘s Episode 53: What (Actually) Makes Women Swoon.
Betsy answered questions about Swoon, love, seduction, relationships and more during a virtual book tour at HerMentorCenter.com. Read the archived Q&A.
Betsy was a guest on “Relationships 2.0 with Dr. Michelle Skeen,” KCAA 1050-AM. Listen to the clip. On July 9, Betsy will appear again live at 3pm PST. The link to listen to the live stream will be posted shortly before the interview.
Interview on The Moll Anderson Show on SiriusXM Radio 168.
Talking about Swoon, lady killers, what makes them tick and more on WTVR’s “Virginia This Morning.”
Steph and Lauren of “The Lady Brain Show” interviews Betsy about Swoon.
Listen to Betsy’s interview on “Culture Shocks with Barry Lynn.”
An interview about Swoon and the heart of feminine desire. Listen to the clip on Jeff Schechtman’s “Specific Gravity”.
Betsy talks about Swoon and what women want on Better TV.
The secrets of the men—past and present—who know how to make women swoon. Listen to the interview with The Veronica Rueckert Show (Wisconsin Public Radio).
A Lesson in Seduction to Help Develop Your Inner ‘Don Juan’ — Public Radio’s The Dinner Party. Listen to the interview about Swoon.
Betsy discusses the post-feminist future on PBS’s The Open Mind:
Listen to an NPR interview with Betsy: Mike Collins Show WFAE – NPR Charlotte NC, November 2004
February 7, 2013 | 7:30 pm
Harvard Club of New York
35 West 44th Street
New York, NY
February 12, 2013 | 6:00 pm
The Corner Bookstore
1313 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
February 16, 2013 | 4:00 pm
Pound Ridge Library
271 Westchester Avenue
Pound Ridge, NY
March 19, 2013 | 5:00 pm
Barnes & Noble
5501 West Broad Street, Libbie Place
March 20, 2013 | 6:30 pm
The Fountain Bookstore
1312 E. Cary Street
March 22, 2013 | 1:00 pm
Virginia Festival of the Book
145 Ednam Drive
May 17, 2013
Mama Gena’s School of Womanly Arts Mastery Program
New York, NY
Signing | 3:00 pm
French Institute Alliance Française
Florence Gould Hall & Tinker Auditorium
55 East 59th Street
New York, NY
July 26, 2013 | 8:00 pm
41 Main Street
East Hampton, NY
July 27, 2013 | 4:00 pm
50 Love Lane
Swoon Photo Gallery
Return to photo gallery ››
Ashton Kutcher: Celebrity Heartthrob, Ashton Kutcher, (David Shankbone)
Leopold Stokowski: Charismatic Conductor, Leopold Stokowski
Bill Clinton: Charmer-in-Chief, Former President, Bill Clinton
Potemkin: “Golden Tiger,” Prince Gregory Potemkin
Metternich: “Adonis of the Drawing Room,” Prince Clemens von Metternich
Warren Beatty: Warren Beatty in High Seduction Mode
Duc de Richelieu: “Hero of the Boudoir,” Louis Francois Armand, duc de Richelieu
Lord Byron: The “Mad, Bad, Dangerous to Know” Romantic Poet, Lord Byron
Gabriele D’Annunzio: “The Most Remarkable Lover of his Time,” Gabriele D’Annunzio
Sir Walter Raleigh: Elizabethan “Darling,” Sir Walter Raleigh
Seductress Photo Gallery
Return to photo gallery ››
Suicide Siren,” La Belle Otero, in her prime, c. 1900
The “mankilling spectacle,” Lola Montez, 1847.
Josephine Baker in action, 1926.
John and the “plain” Isabella Stewart Gardner, 1861
“The Blonde Peril,” Martha Gellhorn, at work, 1946.
Lou Andreas-Salome with whip in hand and two suitors, Paul Ree and Friedrich Nietzsche, 1882
Agnes Sorel, mistress of Charles VII of France, in her signature dress, c. 1447
Wallis Warfield Simpson, the duke’s “Perfect Woman,” 1940
“Lady Newton,” Emilie du Chatelet, c. 1735.
Vilet Gordon Woodhouse with three of her four “superhusbands.” From top: Bill Barrington, Max Labouchere and Gordon Woodhouse, c. 1915